Thursday, December 17, 2009

Whoa! He's bald!

I have to blog about this today, just because I'll sleep better getting this off my chest. Have any of you ever had one of those days when your husband walks in the door you feel like crying with relief? Because of those sweet innocent little boys you have? Look at these two, so good. Joseph was trying to read a story to Seth. He wasn't exactly sitting still, but I thought it was adorable anyway. Oh, by the way, get a good look at Joseph's hair.

All innocence this morning.

Huh. Yeah, not so innocent now. This is the second time in about half an hour that Seth decided to throw flour all about. I cleaned up the first one, walked into another room to deal with another crisis and, pow, he was back at it. So I took a picture.
So you wanted to know what the other crisis was? I was getting out my clippers. To finish a haircut. That wasn't started by me. Even though it was my SEWING SCISSORS THAT STARTED IT (sorry, just my mom's past admonishing: Don't cut ANYTHING but fabric with your sewing scissors. Huh. Maybe Grandma needs to talk to her innocent little grandson.) Don't you like how he started right in the middle of his forehead. Front and center.
I showed him a mirror and told him (I wasn't even yelling at this point-- that was before-- but I was being good now) we were going to have to cut all his hair off. He didn't really like that idea, but it had to be done. I love the expression in this picture. Very expressive.
Such a stinker.


I had to chase him around to get a picture, he was a little embarrassed. Funny the same kid who streaked in our yard is embarrassed about an (almost) naked head.

The other kids reactions were great:

Felicity: Wow, that doesn't look very good.

Caleb: Whoa! He's bald!

Seth: (pointing) Wow! hee-hee! Wow!

The rest of the night whenever Seth saw Joseph, he would laugh and say Wow! I didn't think he was old enough to really notice, but he thought it was hilarious. He even kept trying to rub Joseph's head. I've had people tell me that if you shave a baby's head they will have thicker hair when it grows back in. Hmmmm, maybe it's too late at age three, but we'll see. What a stinker. At least Seth is entertained.

5 comments:

nicholsclan said...

hahahaha love the shaving of his head in the center....like the grinch! I think the shirt Joseph is wearing says it all "I didn't do it"! Too funny!

Idaho Spuds said...

Ohhhhhh, DeeAnna. You sure have a great attitude. Such fun days. Very funny for us!

Julie said...

Abbie is feeling very sympathetic, "How sad, when will it grow back." And I'm thinking how on earth did he get it that short without cutting himself. And I thought my kids were the only ones to cover the kitchen in flour. I hope today is a more restful day.

The Chappell Family said...

Just know you are not the only one! :) Parker has done this very thing TWICE now! (well, once Isaac did it for him). Both times it was cut so close to the scalp we had to shave it just like Joseph's. He was embarrassed too! The first time he said "Mom, if I pour water on it, will it grow back?" :) Good luck with those boys! I feel for ya!

gkgibson said...

Tarilynn told me to look up your blog so I could feel better about my kid trials today. It's good you write these things down, then you can look back and laugh. BTW, I'm glad to know your life isn't totally perfect!