Whew! It's been busy around here, but today I'll try to do the catch-up thing.
My brother's family came for a short visit on April Fools day, which was also little Michael's third birthday! He's such a cute little stinker, Joseph and him are going to get in a lot of trouble someday, they like to build on each others ideas (I can just see: "Hey! Let's go outside!" "ok, let's climb on things." "Ok, let's climb on the roof" "ok, let's run around on the roof" "ok, let's see if who can get off first" and etc.) My mom was also able to come, too, so we had a fun family party, with ice cream of course! And even though it was a Thursday we had pizza. Felicity was little put out, she kept telling me we couldn't have pizza until Friday. Farris had to continue his April Fools day tradition. He picked up the boxed theater candy, one box for each of the kids. They excitedly tore into it and ta-da! found rocks. It wasn't quite as good as last years fish joke, but the kids were giggling. I'm pretty sure Michael tried one of the rocks to see if it tasted good. But then Farris was nice and they all got their candy. And then we were picking up rocks off the floor for awhile...The kids had spring break that next week, so we headed to Idaho on Friday, staying at my sisters house in Ogden over night. Joseph went with Robert and Tasha, bless them. We caught conference on the radio and then at Chad and Tarilynn's house (well, Seth and I slept through the second session. It's a good thing they print everything in the Ensign). On Sunday after conference -and a yummy dinner, thanks Tarilynn! --Farris headed back home for his work week and we went to my parent's house. Mom and Dad are re-doing their kitchen, which turned into also redoing their pantry...so they had to re-do the bathroom to make the pantry bigger, and since they were taking out a wall for the kitchen, they had to redo some of the living room, and if they are doing all that, they might as well do the laundry room, too. Whew! It's starting to look great, if their house was here we'd move in. With most of the kitchen cabinets, the oven, stove, and flooring gone, Felicity just looked around, gasping, "How come Grandma and Grandpa ruined their kitchen?" I love the word aghast, so expressive, and that was Felicity. We're excited to go back this summer to see all the new improvements in place. The kids had fun playing all around the house with cousins, on grandpa's gigantic swing set, with all those the books (Felicity loved this cowboy chapter book, who knew the Princess/Fairy girl would like it so much?), and with all those toys in the family room. Caleb had so much fun playing with construx! We're looking on eBay for his birthday present now. We also got to eat lunch with grandma at the school. Felicity even stayed behind one day to help grandma clean up the cafeteria. On Thursday we met Farris in Twin and headed over to his family's house. Farris' family loves to play games, usually card games (well, and the wii, too. Caleb beat the pants off everyone bowling. He got a 200!). We played Pounce. Anybody ever tried that one? I'm thinking I'm going to have some Pounce parties here so I can practice. I need to beat Cindi! Or at least Sam and Geri. Or Farris. Someone, anyway. On Sunday we headed back home. Our daffodils have bloomed and our tulips are getting tall and budding out. The roses are leafing out, and the little seedlings we started in paper cups are getting long and leggy! They need to be planted soon, if it would stop snowing here, anyway. Spring is coming and I'm lovin' it.
Sooooo, anyone want to try Pounce?
2018 Lego Story Art
8 years ago
4 comments:
Abbie loves Pounce. Come on over anytime!
When I went to put away Michaels suitcase, I found the rocks that Farris gave him.
great post...i'm out of breath just reading it. sounds like you've had a lot of fun!
Previous post was Robert, this is Tasha. It was so much fun seeing you and thanks for making bows with me.
Post a Comment