I know I'm behind, but this week I'm just going to copy an email I'm sending to my brother's family. So sorry to my family who's getting a repeat.
Hi! Sorry I didn't write last week, I guess I could blame it on being exhausted from getting our yard ready to plant. We spent Saturday shoveling, hauling, smoothing, and a couple parties too. Plus, Nicki babysat for us while we went to the adult meeting for stake conference. I like the adult meeting because I never have to tell Farris to be reverent and he never asks for snacks or crayons. He doesn't throw fits either, I think I married the right man. Saturday morning I went yard saleing with Seth (he found a toy lawn mower and was happy) When I got back there was a huge pile of topsoil in our driveway and the boys were bubbling over with happiness. How much fun is a big dump truck coming to our house and leaving a gigantic pile of dirt to play in? They were very, very dirty the rest of the day. Felicity went to a birthday party and we started hauling the dirt to the back yard. The kids even helped filling their wagons and dumping it sort of where it was supposed to go. When Felicity got back from her party we enlisted her help too, and she was SO TIRED by the end of the day. WHY DID I HAVE TO WORK SO HARD??? Seth was a happy camper, he looked like he had a black eye with so much dirt on his face and he had dirt from his head to his diaper. And then some. After thinking we were going to get sod, then seed, then sod again, we've finally decided on hydroseed, which we'll hopefully get in this week. If it stops snowing anyway. The other big thing that's been going on happened on Wednesday. Farris plays basketball every Wednesday night from 9:00 to about 11:00 or 12:00. This time he came back about 10:00, limping. He knew it was pretty bad so on Thursday we took him into a foot doctor. He did a very bad ankle sprain, cracked one of his heel bones (it's a bone that is mostly cartilage, though, so he doesn't need a cast) and it's got some ugly bruises. He's got a huge boot to wear around for the next 6-8 weeks. He calls it his "bum kicker" and the kids run giggling away from him all the time. It's been hard to keep them from climbing up his leg, they're so used to their personal jungle gum. On Saturday he was going to take it easy, and then I woke up sick, sick, sick. I'm feeling better now after sleeping all day yesterday. So we didn't do much yesterday. Seth was actually in his pajamas all day long and he didn't mind a bit. Felicity had another busy day yesterday, her best friend Emmalee was baptized and then another friend had a birthday party at a Karate clinic. She thought it was great and is now trying to decide between karate and dance. I have to admit, I'm pulling for dance. I don't think I want to see Felicity break a board with her hand. Or head. For one thing I can see her crying after or even trying to break something else, such as a brothers head. She has been reading like crazy, it's getting hard to keep up with her. I'm afraid this summer we'll have to go to the library twice a week. Caleb is so excited that Kindergarten is almost done, he only has a few more weeks. He'll graduate on the 21st. Felicity will have one more week of school and then summer, yea!
So that's our two weeks in a nutshell. I'm planning on working at getting my camera to upload onto the computer again, maybe I"ll be able to post pictures of our freshly hydroseeded lawn this week! Or maybe just some more spring snowstorms =(
2018 Lego Story Art
8 years ago
1 comment:
Oh, I'm so excited for you to get grass!! Spencer stayed in his pajamas all day Saturday too, but I'm not sure what our excuse was.
Post a Comment