Sunday, June 19, 2011

For Sale...probably

Yes, we put a For Sale sign in our front yard this week. We've been thinking about it for awhile, waiting to see if a good job at BYU-Idaho came available. When Farris talked to them this spring, while we were in Rexburg for Sam's wedding, they were revamping the Advising department. Now they've got it figured out and Farris has applied. They've called him to discuss his application (apparently they were impressed that Farris has an 85% retention rate for students that are having academic problems, and wanted to know how he does it) and we'll be heading up for an interview the last week of June. We're excited about being in Idaho again and in a rural place with a little more stretching-out space. One of my girls in YW's visited Idaho and was so amazed: "There's so much air up there!" It made me laugh, but I do really miss having all that air.

That being said, I'm sad to leave here. I've said before that we have the coolest neighborhood, and we do. Besides my college apartments, I've never had neighbors so close, but they are all wonderful so I don't mind. We've had so many people tell us that they will miss our family, we were even told that they're putting us on the Prayer Roll not to get the job. We are going to miss this neighborhood, and the city, too. I like being close to a bigger city with shopping and entertainment and things, but being further out so it still feels smaller townish here. I like our school. We've made some great friends here that we will all miss. The boys are getting excited (we did tell them that if we got a bigger yard we could get a dog. Just a little bribe), but Felicity is still upset about leaving friends behind. And now my brother's family has bought a house just a half an hour from here, grrrr, I would love being that close to them.

The other thing is selling our house. The market here, like everywhere else, has dropped considerably since we bought this house. We're underwater, but how much we're not sure until someone buys the house and we hope that will be sooner rather than later. Our financial advisor thinks we're nuts: "You're selling a house for less than you owe, to move to a new job for less pay, and you're having a baby in 2 and a half months?" Well, when you put it that way... we're still not sure if what we're doing is right, but we do feel we need to try. And maybe he won't get the job, and then we'll take down our sign (unless some of our neighbors do it first--we've had threatenings) and throw a party. Right now we're just trying to figure things out. In March I thought we'd have this all figured out by the end of May, now I think it will be the beginning of July before we can answer people's questions. So for right now it's "yes, we're moving... probably."

No comments: