Monday, August 1, 2011

It's already August 1st?

Wow, July went by fast. So catching up:
We just got back last night from a trip to Idaho to visit the family. Farris loves to go cut firewood with my dad, and since Dad's shoulder has been having lots of problems this summer he can't go by himself. So Farris volunteered and spent all Friday up in the mountains. I spent the day sewing on my mom's machine--Bernina that she bought forever ago, inspiration for me getting my Bernina, which I LOVE-- and then we took the kids to the Lincoln County Fair. Hmm, never heard of it? It's probably the least populated county in Idaho, but a wonderful place to grow up. The fair is much smaller than when I showed my heifers (no, I don't mean my legs, silly, for those not versed in Dairy, that basically means a cow a little bigger than a calf, but not big enough to be a full fledged cow) and showed off my early sewing projects (thanks to my mom, she made sure my projects weren't going to fall apart). It was still fun to go back, and the kids loved the horses and other animals. They had lots of fun with cousins, too.
Saturday we headed over to Burley to spend time with Farris' family. More cousin time! and Judy's raspberries were needing to be picked, which my kids happily obliged. I'm going to be spending some time with spray-n-wash today, they get a little crazy in raspberry patches.
My nephew Tanner gave his farewell talk on Sunday. He's such a great kid. It'll be exciting to see how he grows on his mission, I'm sure the people in Ohio will be blessed to have him, as much as we're going to miss him! After church we headed home. We were going to stay until Monday, but Felicity starts her swimming lessons today and I was about finished with not being home, even visiting with people I love as much as Farris' family. The drive to Idaho wasn't bad, but oh the drive home...I think the longest drive I'm going to go on before this baby is born is to the hospital. I'm done. Luckily, I'm due in four weeks, and my babies come early, so hopefully in two weeks we'll be holding this little girl. Oh, I can't wait!!

No comments: