We finally did it. We rode the Trax up to Temple Square. And it was beautiful and cold, and the kids loved it. We watched about half of the Nativity before the kids got too cold and looked through some of the exhibits in the visitors center. It was just cold enough and we were later than we had thought we would be (more on that later) so we didn't walk around outside as much as usual. We did take pictures by that grouping of trees over by the seagull monument that is all red. So pretty! But the red in the trees didn't show.

But this picture turned out cute! Seth smiling at his Daddy, Caleb and Felicity doing the cheese, and Joseph making a silly face. Yep, that's my crew! Abigail was bundled up in Farris' coat, she slept quite a bit.

The Trax was quite an adventure. I goggle mapped the address for the closest station...and we could not find it anywhere. We finally stopped at a business and I ran in to ask the receptionist. So we were there a little later than we thought we would be. There was a train pulling in when we found a parking spot, so I grabbed the kids and the gear while Farris ran to get the tickets (next time, we'll buy them online). I grabbed, grabbed, grabbed, managed to get the van locked and we all ran over there...Farris was still in line, not too many people, just really slow people. We eventually found another kiosk, but by this time the train was gone. It's only 15 minutes between trains, so we weren't worried. We waited and then boarded the next train. I sat down next to Seth, and then immediately jumped up again. Seth was missing one white sneaker. We decided that I'd take Seth to find the shoe and just meet them at the Salt Lake station. I ran around like a crazy lady trying to find the shoe before the train left, some sweet people helped me look, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Luckily I had my keys to the van so I ran back to see if it was there. Sure enough, it had fallen off inside the van before he got out. He never said a word as he walked through the parking lot, waited in line, crossed the tracks to the other side, and waited some more. Never said a word. Oh, that crazy kid. By the time I'd found it the train was gone and I figured we'd meet the rest of the family in Salt Lake, but they had gotten off before it left. They couldn't see me at first, and then they were afraid that I had gotten back on without them noticing. Whew. Now we were all together with the right number of shoes, coats, gloves and hats and we waited for one more train.


The ride home went a little smoother. It was fun riding the train, the kids loved it, and we didn't have to find parking downtown, hurrah! I think this will become a tradition every year. But I'm afraid I'll be paranoid about shoes.
1 comment:
Wow, what an exciting trip.. one to remember!
Post a Comment