I know I just wrote yesterday, but I want to complain and see if any one else with little boys has the same problems. I'm talking bathroom, so if you're squimish, stop reading now. When I first got married (yes, this was at Deseret Book), I worked with this great lady who told me that with her sons she put a sign above the toilet that said "It's not as long as you think. Stand closer." Caleb has decided he wants to pee like daddy. I thought he was doing so well, and he does most of the time, but saturday I realized that I need to sanitize the floor around the toilet and the toilet seat about every other day. And to make it worse, Joseph who is still getting potty trained, wants to stand up too. The problem is he's short and no amount of toe standing and streching is going to make it. But he is demanding that he stand up. After I tell him about how special his seat is and all that I can usually get him on it, but he has problems with that, too. He's not real good at aiming inside the toilet (I might have to try that bullseye trick with the cheerios), the other day he put his finger in the wrong spot and it was like a hose when you put your finger in front to spray the garden, except it was the rug and walls. Now, don't be scared of going in our bathroom, I use a lot of Lysol (we're working on a year supply) and I steam the tile in the bathroom, and I'm learning to move the rug so I don't have to wash it every other day. But do I have any sympathy out there? Any great ideas? Any other good stories so I know that I'm not alone? This week I'll find out if we're having boy #3 or girl #2. Either would be wonderful, but sometimes I think I can handle the girly-dramatics more than the boy- sanitize-the-world. We'll see.
4 comments:
Sympathy? If you figure out how to get them to aim, tell me! Yeah, you have my sympathy! or maybe empathy would be the better word here. We buy the Lysol wipes and I make the boys wipe the toilet down 2 times every day. I keep hoping someday they will just learn. There were days I found pee on the ceiling....go figure. I guess I don't understand.
I just can't wait until I try to potty train Michael, it sounds like so much fun! Or not. Of course, we are still having lots of fun getting Lindsey to the potty on time.
When ryder feels the need to use the "big potty" instead of his diaper, he usually sits, but when he does not sit, we have the step stool right in front of the potty so he can stand on it, but right now it's mostly just playing so who knows if it will work when we actually start to potty train.
Oh yes, I can relate. Only our biggest problem seems to be that if you can squirt pee into the toilet it is just too inconvenient to sit for #2. So that usually ends up in the underpants. At least pee is sterile when it first comes out.
Post a Comment