Monday, February 23, 2009

Kung Fu Panda vs. Daddy and other stuff

This morning at breakfast Caleb and Joseph started a discussion about what would happen if Kung Fu Panda and Daddy fought. Sorry Farris, the panda won. Later, I heard Joseph run up to Farris in the kitchen and yell "hiii-yaaa!" I'm not sure what happened at that point. Maybe Daddy got little Kung Fu Panda that time.
This was a fun week, on monday we went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgving Point and met Rocky and Stacey and kids there. We'd never been there, and it really is cool. The kids have been into dinosaurs lately, thanks to the Land Before Time series, so they enjoyed seeing three-horns and sharp tooths and long necks (Joseph called all the bigger long necks "grandpa" after Little Foots grandpa in the cartoons). We also watched a 3-D movie there about dinosaurs. I've never seen a 3-D movie before, it whacks your eyes out. Caleb wouldn't put his glasses on, which might be good because some of the dinosaurs were scary. Yes, I gasped really loud (it wasn't a scream, maybe) when a pteradactyl came right out at me. The highlight of the trip was after when we went to McDonalds for dinner and let the kids play in the gym. Well, it was the first thing Caleb told Nicki about anyway.
Seth is still growing, we're starting to put him in 6-9 month clothes now. He has also grown out of his bassinet. We switched it out for his playpen (yes, our kids sleep in a play pen instead of a crib. One less piece of furniture to worry about, and you can pack it with you on trips so they don't flip out about sleeping somewhere different) anyway, we switched it out after the kids went to sleep. The next morning Joseph and Felicity came running in and stopped short when they saw what Seth was sleeping in. Joseph, in his little awed voice said "Look, Sissy, it growed up!"
Felicity has informed me that she's going to marry Maka, a little boy in her class that protects her from bullies on the playground. She told me that if his family moved, we were going to have to follow them and move, too. Just thought I'd let you all know, our family is going to become stalkers.
AND hurrah! hurrah! Farris is fixing up our laundry room, on saturday he put up new sheetrock. Some had big holes and some was entirely gone. Next we're going to mud and paint and then put up shelves and drying racks, and let me tell you, I am not going to miss our laundry dungeon. But I can't decide what color to paint, any ideas? I want something that will brighten my mood when I stagger in the door with large armfuls of dirty everything.

3 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

I don't think Taylor ever slept in a crib, we used a play pen. In our small space it just worked better. We use the crib now, but only because we have one. If we didn't then I'd use a play pen. I do like that the crib mattress is higher making it a little easier to get babies out.

Andrea said...

You should paint it yellow...or a pretty shade of green. Those are pretty colors. Of course I like the blue on my kitchen walls, it looks really nice too. Hmm...I guess I'm no help in the matter...but I'm super excited that you are going to run with me~!

DeeAnna said...

Those are the three colors I'm debating with now! I tried to think about using pink or purple because I haven't used them in my house yet...but nope, don't think so.