Monday, February 16, 2009

We've been wanting to start composting for our garden, but commercial composters are expensive and small and a lot of the plans you find on the 'net are really elaborate and complicated and expensive...this is pretty simple and basic and easier than a bin or a pile that you have to shovel and stir. Now the video made us laugh, the man who did this gets really happy about his compost. And I'm not really sure if the pee is a good idea...you'll see.


3 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

That was kinda funny. I'm not to sure about the pee either, but hey, if it works for him, I guess. I don't know if I'd want to eat his fruit, though.

rneweyfamily said...

The taller part of rneweyfamily has this to say.

We haven't tested out the human urine theory on our worm composting bin at work, to the best of my knowledge.

However, when Josh talked to a outside consultant about verma-composting she suggested we use "tampon tea." Or she volunteered to come in and urinate on the compost. Josh hasn't talked to her since then.
We haven't tried the tea either.

DeeAnna said...

Rob, how far outside was this outside consultant?