This morning I was working in the front yard with all the kids behind me. I could hear them discussing their Super Powers. I heard a clang and turned around to see Caleb brandishing a garden hoe and I found myself saying "Caleb! Hoes are not super powers! Put it away!" And then I thought, that's something I never thought I'd say.
We're pretty conservative when it comes to make-up for Felicity, but other people have given her nail polish and glittery lip gloss that she loves, so we let her wear it. But Joseph has just changed our ideas on when Felicity will be able to wear real make-up. It won't matter how old or how mature she is, it will all depend on how old or mature he is. Yesterday I found him spotted with nail polish. Then, of course, I found several toys and walls that had been painted. Felicity's nail polish wasn't under lock and key, so he decided to have fun. Then, just a few minutes ago, I hung up the phone (I was only on it for about ten minutes and he was supposed to be in bed!) and Joseph appeared around the corner with his "I just did something bad, and I know it" little devilish look (he does that a lot). On closer inspection, I realized that he was shiny. And goopey. And glittery. This time he got into three of Felicity's lip glosses, blue, pink, and orange tinted. His whole face, his hands and some of his shirt, he even got the tip of one ear, were covered. I got the goopey off, but the glittery will probably stay for a couple days. Luckily the nail polish is almost off his cheek, maybe by the Forth of July he'll be un-glitterified. That boy.
2018 Lego Story Art
8 years ago
1 comment:
We don't do much make-up stuff either, but when I paint the girls fingernails, we have to get the clear polish out for Spencer. Most of the time he's pretty good about just wearing clear, but every once in a while he ends up with sparkly nails too.
Post a Comment