This week has been awful, mostly gross and busy, I guess. I've had several crying jags and all that. It could be worse (much, much worse, nothing permanent has happened and it will all be over in the next couple weeks, so it's not that big of a deal), but whenever I tell anybody about it, they all say "Oh,no!" or "I'm so sorry" or "That's really bad timing!" so I know it's not only me being dramatic (maybe a little dramatic). But nevertheless, to keep things in perspective, I'm going to write a quick "few of my favorite things" list and then get back to cleaning and laundry. And food planning/making. And more laundry.
1. How Caleb and Joseph both call gorillas magrillas.
2. How Seth can say basketball now (it comes out ball-ket-ball).
3. Finding Felicity in her chair devouring a book.
4. That first moment when Farris comes in the door every night.
5. How my family (and that includes Farris' family, too) has been so great this week, even my sisters calling from Yosemite (oh, and this will have to include that they haven't been eaten by bears as a favorite thing, too). They've all been, well, A Family!
6. Prayer, prayer and more sobbing while praying. It works.
7. But the biggest thing that is a favorite thing right now is that Felicity is going to be baptized into the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints tomorrow. (great, here comes that sobbing thing again). I'm so thankful for my Savior! I'm thankful for His wonderful church!
Now, nobody think that anything too crazy is going on, no one is dying or seriously ill, no car accidents, Farris still has a good job (busy, but that's ok) just LIFE hitting all at once and right before Felicity's baptism. Or maybe that Guy Downstairs as our YW pres. Nikki says. We'll make it! We're fine!
Now, where's that chocolate...
2018 Lego Story Art
8 years ago
3 comments:
Love your post....always great to count our blessings when we have a bad, crazy, busy week! The baptism was awesome, thanks for inviting us!!
DeeAnna, just want you to know how much I admire you and the mom you are. You are a great example to me. So glad I know you. T
they say when it rains it pours, and i add to it...especially when you're living right! as ironic as that sounds. darn that 'guy downstairs'!!! ;) you have such an amazing attitude. can i be like you?! :)
Post a Comment