So I'm doing a lot of Christmas stuff. Thus, welcome to this weeks I love...(Joseph is in preschool and I'm ignoring the sewing, crafting, decorating, cleaning that need to be done. For just a few minutes) Tuesday.
But before I start I have to share this page from a blog I found via a friend on facebook. I think the name of the blog is the best part.
http://www.dothesekidsmakemelookcrazy.com/2008/11/24/the-liberry/
I think my kids do make me look crazy. Or at least I often have a crazed look in my eye. This visit to the library made me laugh, especially after the oh-so-fun time we had last week at our library. Making me laugh is good.
So today may be a quick post, but I need to do a happy blog because: The cats are playing hockey with the Nativity Sam brought us back from his mission. It's holding together really good, but it's distressing to see Baby Jesus, a couple Wise Men, and a cow go scooting across our floor. They are also: drinking the water that's for the tree, knocking ornaments off the tree, chewing on any Christmas-y thing they can find, and doing other catty things. I enjoy my cats. I enjoy my cats. I enjoy my cats.
I love...Nativities. We have a couple, not the really nice beautiful expensive ones, but good ones. We have the before mentioned one from Honduras that was made from seed pods and such, it's really kind of cool. Kind of like those corn husk dolls that people used to make. We also have one that I got in my Deseret Book working days, a little child one (it looks like kids dressing up to do the Christmas Pageant), the plastic Little People one that the kids play with (in an effort to keep them from playing with everything else. Hmmm, do they make Nativities with catnip to distract the cats??) and my favorite is Mary holding the Baby with Joseph kneeling behind, protective arm around them. It's made from olive wood, no paint, just the simple shape. Love it. What are your favorite Nativities?
2018 Lego Story Art
8 years ago
2 comments:
Hi Deeanna! Thanks for the shout-out to my blog. I look forward to taking a look at yours. Your kiddos are beautiful . . . but, um, 4? How do you keep up with the homework and cope with the bickering?
where's the new installment of I Love.....?
Post a Comment