
But that's not at all what they look like in real life. Unless your computer monitor is better than ours and since ours is about ten years old, it probably is. The Dusty Miller is a light greenish-gray and the Shady Willow is a medium tint sage green. Farris picked up some samples ($2 for an 8 oz can is a bargain to see how the paint is actually going to look on your house) and I painted about five spots with the two colors. Whoa. The Dusty Miller almost completes blends into our blue house. Ummmm, I thought is was supposed to be a green color? and the Shady Willow is pretty...but I don't want to be the house that people drive by and say "Wow, that color is just a bit off." Or worse. The third option would be something like this:

This is Something-Something Suede (just make up a name that sounds suede-y) and I like it with our yellow brick, but it is a lot like our neighbor's house color.
As you can see, we need help. Feel free to walk around our house and vote on your favorite color. Depending on what we decide for the main color, we'll paint our trim, doors, and shutters, a contrasting color, right now we're thinking black or a deep, deep brown. And if it ever stops raining and we finally decide on a color, we'll be able to paint our house. Hurrah! Then on to the rest of the nesting projects. Hmmm, take down the shower doors, a mantel for the fireplace, built in book shelves around the fireplace, beadboard ceilings in the bedrooms, new paint color in our bedroom and family room... this could take awhile. Maybe I'll just settle for the paint.
2 comments:
Good luck deciding. Picking out paint shades is not my favorite thing to do.
I really like the Shady Willow color. It looks like a nice dark gray on my computer.
Post a Comment