Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Abby's 3rd and Thanksgiving

I am determined to catch up! And in this busy season, that means, little words and many pictures. So here's the first picture. Isn't she adorable? I've been trying (and succeeding, so far) to take a picture of her, her blanket and her rabbit stuffed animal on each of her monthly birthdays so I can make... something entirely cute out of her first twelve months worth of pictures. I was startled with how much she has changed from her second to her third. And now it's almost time for her forth, sheesh, she's growing gangbusters. Love her cheeky grin. And those chubby legs!

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I did eat a lot of pie. My family didn't perform as usual, however, we only had 17 (if I remember right) pies. We usually have much more. We spent Wednesday night in Burley with some of Farris' family, and then after dinner (so funny...Judy used to raise chickens, so we always have chicken instead of turkey. Joseph's kindergarten just had their Thanksgiving Feast and very loudly kept saying things like "What's Thanksgiving without a turkey?" Kindergartners think they know everything, and they usually voice that opinion emphatically.) we headed to Richfield for Pie Day. Pie Day is closely related to Thanksgiving Day, and tends to run into breakfast the day after. And sometimes later. We brought four pies this year: Peach, Apple, Chocolate Egg Nog Swirl Pie, and Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cake (basically a rectangle pie). Yummy. My favorite pie for this year though was: Rob's Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust. Wow. And there were too many second place contenders to mention. Anyway, there is more to Thanksgiving than pie (although my nephews would argue that point), and we had much visiting and laughing and a great after-too-much-food walk around the farm. On Friday when many people are being pushed and pepper-sprayed (what was that about, anyway?) at stores, we went up to the Sawtooth's and cut down trees. Farris picked out a bigger tree than usual and it's beautiful. More about that in the next post.





Here's Joseph enjoying the snow. We walked through about two feet of it, and were finishing loading the trees when another storm rolled in.






Caleb all bundled up. I'm not really sure when those teeth of his are going to grow in, but he does love to sing "All I want for Christmas is my THREE front teeth."





Sethy is too cute. He loved the snow...until he got to where it hadn't been plowed and then an adult had to carry him the rest of the way.





We had a great Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for two wonderful families that we have to spend time with every holiday.



And obviously, I can't do a post without many words.

No comments: