Saturday, May 19, 2012

Beginning of End of School Stuff

The end of the school year always brings lots of activities, field trips, and programs.  This week has been a little crazy, and we still have one more week to go!  Felicity went to the This is the Place State Park (her teacher took a picture of her next to the Burnett Cabin, our ancestor's cabin.) 


Joseph went to the Hogle Zoo.  Oh, the craziness that is the Kindergarten Trip to the Zoo!  I didn't get to go this year...I love going, but it's almost a relief that I had an excuse!  They both had fun, anyway.  Caleb had an All-Second Grade Kickball game that he was so excited about, it was boys against girls.  He's not sure who won, but he had much fun playing.
Another kindergarten tradition is the Kindergarten Store.  Each kid makes 10 things, labels them as $.05 each and brings fifty pennies.  Then they get to shop each others stuff and bring home ten new things and fifty new pennies.  I got an idea from the Parents magazine website and we made clothespin airplanes.

I did the gluing (he tried to help but burnt his finger on the glue) and he painted.  It kept him busy for about an hour and a half and since he did it outside there wasn't much of a mess.  I have a feeling we're going to more of these projects

Felicity's class did the play "The Lion King" and Felicity was Nala.  She worked really hard memorizing her lines and was so excited when it was time to perform.  I painted her face before she left for school that day and she wouldn't wash it off the rest of the day. 

Getting a snuggle from Seth.  Every time one of the lionesses came on stage, he'd ask:  "Is that Sissy?"  He was pretty excited for her.

Joseph's Kindergarten Graduation.
He likes to pose for the camera, what a funny kid!  He's grown so much this past year, it's incredible. His teacher says he's so friendly with everyone, it doesn't matter what table she puts him at, he still finds someone to talk to.  Not sure if that's a good thing...  We've also been stopped at the grocery store with some little boy waving excitedly "MOM! That's Joseph!"  He's a major celebrity in the kindergarten world.


 His teacher did a marvelous job, we're so sad she's going to another school this next year. 

Here's our kindergartner!! Good job, Joseph!!




 Felicity's program was later in the day on Friday.  This year they learned about the history of Utah, starting with dinosaurs, moving up to the native tribes from this area, the pioneers and mountain men and then on to each individual county.  Felicity's favorite song?  The Beaver Song.  You'll have to ask her for a performance the next time you see her.
Lissy's teacher did a great job this year, too.  Thanks to all our wonderful teachers!

I realize this was a very Joseph and Lissy heavy post, but Caleb's program is next week, and he's having all his fun things next week, too (water day, PPPPP Party), plus his baptism is in just two weeks.  Here's the picture I took for his announcement:

Such a handsome kid!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your airplanes are awesome and what good thinking to paint outside!

Wow... I can't believe Caleb is almost 8.