Finally we were able to have Felicity's birthday party and she was ready! She had been planning this for months and after sickness had gone through the house we figured now it was safe.
After the fun we had at the family reunion earlier in the summer, we decided to play minute to win it games. We played a lot of games, and now I can't remember them all, but the girls had fun and there was lots of giggling. Totally made up for the being sick on the birthday thing.
The prizes for winning the games were candy and cookies to eat with the ice cream later.
One thing Felicity really wanted was an ice cream bar. So we bought a big thing of Napoleon ice cream and then lots of toppings, including some of the candy they won playing the games. Those girls can eat a lot!
Now that she's getting older a good part of the time at parties is spent just talking and hanging around. Which makes my job easier. Whew.
*************************************
We got a bunch of new letters for our magnet wall and Caleb, Joseph, and I had fun spelling out everyone's names. We had to get a little creative by the end, but it was all good.
Seth and Abby missed the kids while they were at school. Seth asked me three times that first day when were the kids getting back. But all in all, they've settled in to their new routine and they have a lot of fun playing with each other. They're not great at hide and seek, though. If this was a video, you could hear them giggling in their hiding spot. Too cute. I'm glad Seth has one more year before kindergarten because of his late birthday. I think he needs that year, and he's having fun in the neighborhood joy school me and some of the other mothers are doing. It's been really good for him.
Here we are mom!
*****************************************
Caleb loves going to cub scouts. Here he is presented with his Wolf, I know it's a terrible picture. Church gyms are not meant for taking pictures.
Explaining the rules for the excited scouts. And their dads.
Caleb was in the first race, how fun is it to see these kids so eager to see how their cars do!
Anticipation!
(I blurred out last names in this picture)
Caleb ended up being in 5th place, not too bad considering the gorilla glue that Farris used to fix the front end grew and went over the axle, so he had to do emergency surgery 10 minutes before the race. Caleb designed his car with only a little help from me, then Farris cut it out, he sanded it, he painted it (including the flames on the side and top, he liked the flames idea) and Farris helped him put the axle and tires and weights into place. When the axle was going in, the front end broke, so Farris fixed it right before we rushed it to the weigh in a few days before the race. Caleb was pretty proud of his car and we learned a lot this first go round. By the time Seth gets into cubs, we're going to have it down pat.
Caleb was voted for the Racer's Choice award, which means all the other cub scouts chose his for their favorite design. He was happy about that!
And last of all I have to share this video of Seth singing the Lumineers song, "Hey Ho" Or his version of it any way, I love how he starts making up lyrics at the end. It's one of my favorite songs right now, along with Imagine Dragons "On Top of the World." I like songs that have a fun energy to them, because that's what I need sometimes to get through the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment