Saturday, August 30, 2008

Caleb's turn

Now it's Caleb's turn to be in the funny spotlight. Yesterday he decided he wanted to make Flower Pie. Yes, FLOWER pie, not FLOUR pie. He picked some clover and put it in his special bowl, then he told me about all the sugar he needed to mix it with and how he would stir it and bake it . I wasn't too enthusiastic at this point, but when I started making dinner he asked for the ingredients that were going into the pizza and he was having so much fun I had to give him some (but I nixed the baking idea). So his Flower Pie had: Flowers, flour, sugar, pineapple, olives, and two kinds of cheese, and then a plum cut in half. Then he stirred and mixed and squished and put it into the fridge to wait for the day I gave permission to bake it. He was so proud of it and wanted to share it with our neighbors...but as sweet as they are to the kids I think they might actually try it, so I'm going to nix that idea, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember as a kid, taking our red wagon and picking every Dandelion we could find and putting it in the wagon, although I think we were planning on making wine ;) We had so many flowers in there and then we just parked it on the back porch where the flowers began to rot. . . my mom was more patience than me I guess.