'kay I know that I've already blogged about Joseph and Potty Training, but this time I just have some funny things to say. He can be so bizarre sometimes. Part of our potty training is having him "practice" when he has accidents. So we have him practice taking off his underwear, getting on the toilet, sitting until he's ready to get down, and then getting his underwear on again. The book we got the idea from suggests to have them do it ten times, but for our sanity and his lack of attention span, we only have him do it five times. He hates it and has been very creative in figuring out ways to get out of it. One of his favorite is that he has to give me hugs and kisses, so he's too busy. He also likes to yell "I want to dance!" and then starts to boogey naked around the bathroom. Today I must have been tired because I tried to sing him that Ray Stevens song "I want to sing and dance" but he wasn't very amused. Maybe it's my pirate accent, or my lack of remembering the lyrics. He does like me to sing "Where is Thumbkin?" and the french version which I have no idea how to spell, both with actions. Someday you can sneak into our house and listen to me tiredly singing (with my thumbs going) those two songs for the twentieth time in twenty minutes. When he's not practicing he's trying to sneak out of the house in his underwear. The other day my neighbor was taking out the trash and caught me on the doorstep scolding a whitey-tighty clad (and nothing else) little boy about going outside without me. She has grandkids, she should understand, right? So yeah, we're the rednecks of the neighborhood, kids running around naked and me singing Ray Stevens. Oh, yes, they call him the streak (lookatthat, lookatthat), he likes to show off his physique (lookatthat, lookatthat)...
4 comments:
Hi DeeAnna, this has nothing to do with your blog comment (I haven't even read it yet-but I will.) I just wanted to show you this t-shirt that you should get for Ferris. it's awesome! Here is the link:
http://www.80stees.com/products/
Save_Ferris_Bueller_t-shirt.asp
Sorry, I don't have your email or I'd just email it to you. Love you, Andi
that is too funny! I tell you, I just can't wait to start potty training michael.....not
That's too funny! I needed a good laugh!
We won't be potty training for awhile--to much work I'll wait for Ryder to decide he is ready, and if he has not decided by the time he is about 3 1/2--then I might decide for him. He is not nearly so sweet about trying to get out of things that he does not want to do. . . he just folds his arms and says NO!
Post a Comment