Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Family photos and Joe vs. the toilet?

Nicki came over to take some family pictures of us. Caleb enjoyed hamming for the camera. As mellow and quiet as he seems, he really enjoys being the center of attention and does some really funny things to get it...as Stacey can attest to his dancing ability!

Here's Lissy...
Here's the family...
Here's Joseph...by this time he was tired of pictures, and didn't want to smile, so Farris was trying to make him laugh, which he did, but then he wouldn't look at the camera.
Caleb was also getting tired of pictures and was just looking for sticks (he likes sticks).
I love this picture, but Caleb was hamming, and the rest of us were laughing at him.
There's my cute family! Sorry Seth is half covered up, he's cute, too.

Now as for Joseph vs. the Toilet...the score is Joseph-0, toilet-1. And Joseph has the shiner to prove it. Those of you who are in the midst of potty training, do not repeat this story to your child. I'm not sure how he did it (I was feeding Seth, thus calamities happen), when Joseph ran in and told me he had to go potty. I sent him to the bathroom, silly me. He was fine for a couple minutes, then I heard the toilet lid slam and lots of wailing from Joseph. All I know is that when I asked him what happened, he pointed to the toilet. I gave him ice to help with the swelling, but he's two, so he ate it, instead of putting it on his eye. He seems to think the black eye is funny now, he likes to look at himself in the mirror. I am glad this happened the day after family pictures. But I will have to get a picture to document this, what a great story to tell his future dates.

1 comment:

rneweyfamily said...

The pictures are cute! We need to get some new ones. I wonder how Joseph got the shiner? That would be an interesting story.