I've completely forgotten about doing I love Mondays lately. I don't think I'll do one every week anymore, but I thought this last week would be a good one to I love. I love...surgical glue. And good neighbors who happen to be nurses. On Saturday night, my bro and his family came to spend the night, so of course the kids where SO VERY excited and bouncing off the walls. And the fireplace. Seth was in high gear (but then, he doesn't really have a low gear, it's more like High Gear and Very High Gear and Suddenly Stop To Sleep Gear) and crashed into our fireplace. Yes, the same place that Felicity crashed and ended up with stitches. His cut wasn't nearly as big, only about the same diameter as a B.B., but it looked deep. We weren't sure if we should take him to the ER so we decided to call Kathy in our ward to see what she would advise. She asked a couple questions and said she would be right over. She checked him out, opened a small container of surgical glue and fixed him right up. Once the Tylenol kicked in he was running around again and no concussion. He still touches the spot on his head and talks about how he "broke his head," but he's doing great. Very glad we didn't have to spend hours (and lots of money) at the ER. Thanks again Kathy! I love...family. It's been fun having my brother stay with us since he started his new job about half an hour from here and this week was spring break for his kids so they came down to figure out exactly where they want to live and look at houses. This family is so much fun! We'll love having them closer to us! Their youngest is six months younger than Felicity, her and Felicity disappeared into Felicity's room and came out mostly just for meals. Three of their boys (their oldest is an Aggie, and was busy getting close to the end of the term) were pounced on my boys as soon as the door opened. Let the wild rumpus start! Our house is always noisy, but it hit some new levels this weekend. Then when most of the kids were settled for the night (the older ones were watching Napoleon Dynamite downstairs. Hee-hee. "I like your sleeves."), Farris' bro Sam came to spend the night. Our house was full, each bed, couch, and some floor space were taken! Sam left much earlier than I was awake the next morning, but it was fun to see him for a little while. His wedding is very soon and we're looking forward to getting the whole family together to welcome Kolleen in. We haven't scared her yet, so she must love Sam a lot! I love...being able to serve in our church. This Wednesday we took the YW to see the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU art museum. It was wonderful to watch them as they saw the work of an art master capturing scenes from the Master. Beautiful! Then on Thursday we had our RS birthday dinner. Now that we don't have ward or RS activity committees, they just ask a few people to help out for activities, and they asked me to help for this one. The ladies I worked with are great, and we put together a simple dinner (Cafe Rio salads!), some humanitarian projects and a chance for all of us to chat. I love my family, but it is so relaxing to have a night off and a chance to catch up with friends that I don't see enough. I love...spring snows! I know, I know, shoot me now. But I loved the storm we got this last week. Seth looked out at the flakes falling and wanted outside immediately to "throw balls!" That's my boy! Joseph only lasted about ten minutes outside before he wanted some hot chocolate, but Seth was out for about half an hour. His favorite? Throwing snowballs at the window the cats were peeking out of. Gales of laughter each time the cats would flinch. Yes, they
love him. I am happy that it's supposed to get into the 70's this week, though. Summer time!
No comments:
Post a Comment