Monday, September 15, 2008

Other news

Besides the nightly struggle to get Joseph asleep, everything is going good. Things have slowed down for Farris at work now that the semester has been going for a couple weeks, the first day of the semster 102 students came into the office for him and the other advisor. He can actually eat a lunch now and he's getting home much closer to his regular time. Felicity does like school (despite homework every night, and learning about boring things like the number 17), especially recess. Well, who can blame her? Caleb is doing the ABC Kids program at the library once a week. He was a little nervous at first, but had a lot of fun the first day because they did the letter C. He's learning how to write his middle and last name now, too. He calls it his paper work. I've been busy trying to keep the house from falling apart, but sweeping and mopping doesn't really appeal to me right now. I've also almost finished a halloween costume for the baby (he's going to be a caterpillar. Farris shakes his head and says "poor kid". But he'll be really cute. He just might not appreciate the pictures when he's 15) and I've been working on Caleb's quilt that has trucks and cars and tractors and planes so he loves it already. We've been working on baby names and appreciate all the suggestions given. Except for maybe Felicity's. She has wanted to name him Ice Cream, Sunshine Bear or Tenderheart Bear, Diego and many others that I don't think he'd survive the first grade with. Well, Diego wouldn't be too bad, but it was a second choice for her because she couldn't name a boy Dora. When I was telling her some of the names we had thought of, like Aaron, Jackson, Mckay, Logan, she laughed and told me they were silly. Caleb thought Joseph would be a good name until I pointed out he already has a brother named Joseph. We'd better get cracking on all these baby things, because I'm NOT waiting until the 21st. I'll find a trampoline first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brighton decided we should name Maverick "calvin" she was reading way to much Calvin and Hobbes at the time and Aspen wanted everything from Elmo to Caillou--we only get PBS so she had a limited selection.

We considerd the name McKay too. . .but ruled it out for a few reasons--the first was lets just say "college history" 2nd we thought is sounded kinda girly cuz Brightons middle name is McKayla--but I still like it-- so its my vote for you!