Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pictures and other news



Nicki gave us some pictures from Lissy's birthday party and one really Joseph-ish picture, so here's those pictures I've been promising!

This is the very Joseph-y picture:
This is Duck, Duck, SQUIRT!
Now they're playing Cold Potato, but really it was just Throw Water Balloons At Someone

Here's the relay race:

This is Felicity's cake, it's supposed to be a jewelry box with a Strawberry Shortcake doll on top, but we couldn't get it to stand. The kids didn't care, they were very excited about all the candy jewelry.

In other family news, Joseph stuck a large bead up his nose yesterday morning. I couldn't figure out hat was wrong with the kid, he kept saying "Owie, Owie" and pointing to his nose. He's got a cold, so I thought his nose just hurt from that. Eventually I figured it out, and we tried to blow it out. It didn't work. So I started to hunt for the phone number for the clinic here and when I finally found it we gave it one more try and this huge black, square bead popped out. Little stinker. This morning he was telling Dad not to stick beads up your nose because it hurts. Very wise, my two-year-old.

3 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

super cute cake!! I can't believe how big she is now. It looks like they all had a lot of fun, and the picture of Joseph is too cute. Hey, at least a bead isn't a balloon. Apparently I did that as a child and my parents didn't find it until is started to stink because it was rotting in my nose, talk about gross!

Anonymous said...

I wish our kids could go to each others B-day parties!! So far "knock on wood" we have not had any foreign objects up our noses. I had a friend whose son stuck a raisin up there, not once but twice! Another friend who had the top of an ink pen up her kid’s nose--ug--so seems to be fairly common so I will "knock on wood" again!

ColeFamily said...

Wish we could of been there for the birthday party! I can't believe how time has flown and our girls are now 6! Crazy! I am glad that you didn't have to make a run to the dr.'s with the bead. We have had to do that before. All of my kids have put something up their nose. NO fun! Looks like next time we come to Utah, Ryan will have to take a new family picture for you guys. It is fun to see your family picture and to remember how cold it was when you were taking it. I think it was around 10 degrees right then! We miss you guys.