Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby Seth Gavid came as fast as he could

Yup, he's here! Seth was born at 3:54 on Conference Sunday morning. He's our little giant, and it's a good thing he didn't wait for his due date, he weighed 8 pds, 15 oz, so he's alot bigger than the other kids (Lissy was the biggest before, at 7 pds, 6 1/2 oz). He not only came about 2 weeks early, he came really fast. I woke up a little after two with contractions, timed them for about a half an hour, and they were ten minutes apart. I wasn't too worried, this had happened before and they just stopped. But this time they quickly got closer together. Mom, Dad, Melissa, and Nicki were all staying with us so we let them know we were on the way and Mom looked at the clock when we pulled out of our driveway: 3:14. We drove very fast to the hospital, and when they got me into a room the nurses started hustling around, I must have looked like I meant business. Our doctor knows my record and drove fast, too, (she said at that time of day, all lights are green). It must be the perfect kind of birth for her, show up, deliver baby, go home, no dilly-dalling around. And I'm pleased with her, she said Seth is perfect, which of course, he is. He's a cutie with reddish-blonde hair, and a little chunkier than our usual babies. We were still thinking about names, and still thinking about names, and still thinking about names. But on Monday morning Farris called from home with a name he had thought of the night before, and Seth seemed to fit like none on the other names we had tried did. But the middle name was another challenge. We were trying to figure out how to combine the names of the grandpas, Gary and David, and I came up with Gavid, like Gavin but with a d instead of a n. We hemmed and hawed a little bit longer while we packed up the room and got everything ready to go and then we had to fill out the baby certificate paperwork, with just one word left to fill in, so we went with Gavid. And now we're home and he's doing good, entertaining his siblings and trying to find out how to avoid the pokes from curious brothers. We'll put some pictures on here soon so you can see what a cuties he is. And Happy Birthday Robert!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh Hooray! I'm so glad to here the news. There must have been something about this last Sunday, we had a little nephew born that same day-and he came pretty quickly too! I like the name Seth, it feels good, good pick! Can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats Farris and DeeAnna!

Julie said...

Congrats! We can't wait to come and see little Seth.

rneweyfamily said...

Yeah, congratulations! I'm glad you are all good and healthy and I'm glad you live a lot closer to the hospital now.

ColeFamily said...

Congrats DeeAna! I am excited and happy for you both! I bet Heavenly Father wanted to give you no excuse for not watching conference on Sunday- perhaps that is why Seth came sooo fast :) Enjoy your little one and I hope the transition to having four goes well.