Ya know, I think I blog more about Joseph being naked than anything else. But for those of you who missed his streaking at church today, I'll fill you in. Farris had to go to Manti today to give a presentation to a group of YM/YW about colleges and scholarships and stuff so he took off right after the sacrament. I managed through that meeting with help from the Huntingtons, thanks Nikki by the way, but I had a bunch of stuff I needed to get together for Primary so I just dropped everyone off to their classes and ran around like a chicken for a little while, thanks Paige and Dorry Lou for holding Seth! Things were settling down when Dorry Lou informed me that Seth was a little damp...not a good sign. So I changed him top to bottom, luckily my diaper bag had all the extra clothes and diapers that I needed and I was feeling good, so prepared! Then I was taking him to nurse, when the Nursery leader brings up Joseph. Soaked clean to his socks. Smack my head, I hadn't put in any more emergency pants since his last accident cleaned out the diaper bag. The only thing in the whole bag that would fit him was a pair of blue tighty-whities (blueies?). Thank you, Brandee, she gave me a diaper--a diaper seemed a little more modest than just a pair of underwear. So I delivered him back to the nursery doing a little it of Risky Business with his white shirt and diaper (I never have seen Risky Business, just that little memorable scene, who would've thought it would be reenacted in nursery?). He did ask for his pants, but by the end of church he had enough people laughing at him --which just adds coal to his little fire-- that he was ready to streak. I was packing a diaper bag, my primary bag (not light), Seth in his car seat, trying to get Felicity and Caleb to follow me and trying to keep up with Joseph who was leaving behind a wave of snickers. OOOOh, yeah, church was memorable today. I am glad there was so many people helping me today (thanks Genevera for helping me out to the van with baggage, kids and Naked and Shivering Boy--yes, it was cold today). What a great ward I'm in with, thankfully, a good sense of humor.
No comments:
Post a Comment