Monday, November 1, 2010

I love...Mondays

A few weeks ago, (or more, it was the week before General Conference, time is moving fast!) I was thinking that I needed to do one of those Day kind of blog traditions. You know, like Crafty Tuesday, Silent Saturday, Not Me Wednesday, etc. And then I was thinking that I needed to have a I love day where I only talk about the good, simple, happy things of life. I tend to get...well, a little pessimistic. I growl and moan and sometimes cry. I know, I'm a woman and sometimes that's how we do things. But I'm trying to do better. So I was thinking, "I need to do a day of things I love, and when better than Monday, the traditional depression day. Listing it in the morning will help me remember to be optimistic. Count my blessings one by one! And I thought it was a great plan. And then I didn't do it. Then President Monson stands up and gives his Attitude of Gratitude talk (Excellent, here's the link: http://new.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/the-divine-gift-of-gratitude?lang=eng ). And I think (I'm thinking a lot inthis post) "Oops, I better get on it." And I don't. And then on Sunday, we have our special 5th Sunday lesson from Amazing Addie our YW Secretary, and guess what it's on? That's right the topic was "DeeAnna, get going on you optimistic blog day" Ok, it was really on optimism and how we can choose to have it. Fine, already, I'll do it. So here we go.
I love...chilly mornings in the fall. I know, kick me everyone, but I love the briskness and the smell of fireplaces coming from the neighbors houses, it reminds me of our old stove downstairs in the house I grew up in, smells lovely. And the sound of the furnace kicking on. It always reminds me of Christmas morning, when we'd get up and huddle over the vents waiting until Dad came back from the barn so we could start the whole sh bang. It also reminds me of our family studying the scriptures in the mornings, because we'd be huddled over the vents in the living room. Coziness.
I love...the way kids minds work. Joseph just came up to tell me that "'They' is a funny word." Where did that come from? From the Deep Minds of Kids everywhere.
I love...being able to vote. And the votes being counted. And no people with big guns outside the doors. I loved voting on the rez. You'd go to the local Chapter House (that's how you could tell where a town was. There might be nothing for miles, but kaboom, there was the Chapter House. It's like Town Hall), and it was very small towny and nice.
I love...my family. Among other things, they give good snuggles. And what's not to love about that?

1 comment:

rneweyfamily said...

I do Monday's Miracles on my personal blog. I actually really do love Monday.