February went back and forth between many different things and emotions. The first weekend we were in Burley for Savannah's funeral, and then the next weekend we were in Richfield for my brother's two daughters: Lyndsey was baptized and Elizabeth was blessed. Two very different weekends celebrating three different phases of life. Again, how blessed we are to have been taught the eternal perspective in life! They were both good weekends to be with family.
Little Elizabeth was actually blessed on my birthday so we celebrated a little with family and then celebrated at home later. Wow, 35! I remember thinking that was so old...and most of the time I don't feel old, until I realize it's harder to get up and get moving and my face is getting a little more wrinkled! But 35 years have brought me: a college degree in an area I love, a wonderful husband with a happy marriage, five terrific kids, and good relationships with all my families and many friends. I've learned a lot, and like President Packer talked about in his talk, why would you go back to a younger self and have to unlearn all these things you have learned?
Abigail's favorite place is the bathtub. We have to really careful to drain out all the bathwater because she'll crawl right in once the bathroom door is open!
I seem to celebrate a lot of holidays by making chocolate chip pancakes and dying them a color. That's ok, the kids love it and so do I! So Valentine's day brought pink pancakes.
Our home teachers are an amazing couple in our ward who treats our kids like grandkids, even when they wiggle and giggle through any lessons. This year the kids got their own Valentines cards in the mail from them, and it made them smile!
We decided to try out a heart hair style this year, with one heart on each side of her head. She liked it, but she said not too many people figured out they were hearts. I've never claimed to be a hair artist! And she liked it, so I was happy.
At the beginning of the year Joseph asked me to volunteer for his V-Day party at school. I picked out different game ideas on-line and he wanted to do a variation on the "Ghost Busters" game I did for Caleb's class. This time, we were "Heart Breakers" and each kid got to pop a pink balloon with a heart drawn on the side. Before each group started I asked them if they'd ever had their heart broken before. Ha! First graders make me laugh! I got sad little smiles and nods with sighs (mostly from the cute little girls) and moans with eye rolls (mostly from cute little boys). But all of them had a lot of fun breaking those hearts.
Abigail loves to help me in the kitchen. She helps by taking out all the measuring cups, wiping up any real/imagined spills with ten dish cloths and her favorite is to get into the flour and sugar bins and make sure the floor is well floured. Or sugared. She usually gets pretty covered in the process, too.
But the dirty hands, oh, she does not enjoy.
Abigail also learned how to climb out of bed. She'd done it before, but now she became a pro. Which made it hard at bedtime.
And finally, the new fashion around our house is Wearable Recycling, in Raisin Bran Purple.
Very stylish and green.
Lowering our carbon footprint, baby!
Love this picture!
Felicity went to the district science fair. Here she is all set up.
She was hoping, hoping, hoping that she would be close to her best friend, and she was! Bailey will be moving soon and we're going to miss her around here.
1 comment:
Great post. Love the recyle kids.
Post a Comment