Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Joseph's story: Little Red Ninja

Joseph came home from school the other day with a story he had written and illustrated: 
 
Little Red Ninja
It made me giggle, so I'm sharing it here for anyone else who needs a little laugh.
First, I have to share his official 1st grade picture, it was on the title page of his book.  My side ached the first time I saw it, I laughed so hard.  The photographers who come to the school must get interesting pictures, but his is pretty good.  I don't order pictures from the school, we have a neighbor and a sister who are both amazing photographers so I don't feel the need.  This one, though...I almost bought.   
 
Now, back to his story.
(I'm typing it first with his spelling and punctuation, then I'll interpret for you in italics)
 
Once upon a time there was sum wun (some one) named little red ningu.  She was going to her grandmos hose (grandma's house). Her grandma livd in the the for ist (lived in the forest).  Well she was a ningu thou (though), so she cud (could) defeat the Big Bad wolf! But when she got there her grandma was gone! The Big Bad wolf had cupchrd  (captured) her! So She looked and She found her! So she un tide (untied) her and she did! But rite after the Big Bad wolf saw it so they had to go ningu.  It took a long time But they nokt (knocked)him out.  So grandma made her Best Pie and they lived happly ever after.  the end
 
I think my favorite parts where when the grandma and Little Red Ninja had to "go ninja" and how he capitalized Best Pie.  I do have to let you know though, after I read it, his little eyebrows did their jumping up and he said, "But maybe they don't live happily ever after, because they just knocked him out, so he might come back..."  Maybe I can convince him to write a sequel.
 
So go have some pie and avoid wolves, if you want to live happily ever after.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha