March was a fun month with lots of activities going on. As the weather gets warmer it seems like more and more things start happening!
Caleb had his Blue and Gold Banquet. The theme this year was Wild West and the cub scout leaders really outdid themselves! They took pictures of each of the boys dressed as outlaws, complete with really interesting facial hair and then made each one onto a Wanted poster and hung them up around the gym. All the other decorations were fun and western-y, too. They had a couple activities that went on through out the night (a rubber band gun shoot and a western themed photo shoot). Plus each boy was supposed to bring a dozen cupcakes, decorated with the theme. So Caleb and I jumped on Pinterest and rounded up some ideas. He loved the idea of the Pringles chip with a gumdrop in the middle to look like a cowboy hat. He also liked the rattlesnakes and cactus made out of fondant and the campfires made out of pretzel sticks and red frosting. So I assembled the ingredients and he went to town. I'm blaming the fact that I was making dinner at the same time he was decorating (he decorated for about two hours) as the reason I didn't get any finished product pictures. But he did such a good job and he won the Rootin'est Tootin'est cupcakes award. And then he was excited to finish eating all the extra ingredients.
One day I was making dinner and I cut an onion in half then pulled off the flaking covering and scooped it into a pile to throw away. Caleb saw it and combined it with some other throw away pieces and built little houses.
They remind me of the Fairy Garden's that are getting so popular right now. I love Caleb's creative side.
Farris turned 38 on the 19th. We spread his birthday out for about a week because it seems like there was always something going on, he's so busy with his calling and work and my calling and kids and...
And I made his traditional Angel Food cake, of course. It's his favorite, his grandma used to make it for him. So pretty early in our marriage I started to perfect that recipe, it takes more work and time than any other cake I make all year, and I only make it twice a year: his birthday and father's day. I'm still not there, but it doesn't sink down and weigh as much as a brick anymore! A small price to pay to show him I love and appreciate all he does for me and the kids.
Felicity was in the 4-H theatre class again and they decided to put on the play Sleeping Beauty. But they changed it up with a Greek god theme. She liked her costume and I appreciated that I didn't have to sew anything for her costume, just drape, pin, and go!
Abby and Seth decided to play the piano together after church one day. I love the expression on Abby's face in this picture, it cracks me up.
The most exciting thing for the month? Blake got his mission call! The change in missionary age has changed so many different things, including getting your call during your senior year of high school. One of his friends and soccer teammates got his call, so on the way back from a game the school bus carrying the team stopped at his house so they could see him open the call. Blake had about 40 people there to see him open it, plus my parents on the phone and Tarilynn's parents on Skype.
We were the last people to make it there, so we're in the back watching...
Drum roll...He's going to Oslo Norway! We're so excited for him! He'll be leaving right around the same time his brother Tanner gets home, right now it's looking like they will miss each other by one day. Tarilynn is praying that it will be the other way around, Tanner will get home the day before Blake leaves, but either way we're so glad to have two boys in our family (and more coming) that are willing and eager to dedicate two years of their lives to the Lord.
Congrats, Blake! You'll be an amazing missionary!
Felicity had another choir performance, she's had so much fun with it this year. They sang songs where someone had written words to some classical songs by Bach, Mozart, Chopin and others. The most memorable one for me was about why they should be able to keep their rooms messy. They all had big smiles as they sang it.
They will only have one more concert, when they sing at UVU for the Hope of America concert, we're looking forward to it. Felicity has been practicing, and practicing, and PRACTICING. All the kids will probably be singing along with her during the concert because they've all learned the words with her. I'm glad she had this opportunity to be in a choir, but I'm also glad that a lot of her extracurricular activities are coming to an end, she's been a busy girl this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment