Today I love...my mom. I was baby number 5, born at 12:01 in a tiny hospital in Idaho 33 years ago today. Now that I'm having my own baby #5, I appreciate her sacrifices more. And those sacrifices don't stop with pregnancy! But mom never made us feel like we were taking opportunities away from her and she always let us know that she loved us unconditionally. She trusted us and we knew that not only did she love us because we belonged to her, but because she enjoyed being around us. She is creative and fun and loves to laugh with us. I love my Mom!
I love...my dad, too. He wasn't the kind of dad to go to work and ignore the kids when he came home, but played with us and listened to us and showed his love to us every day. We loved to feed the calves while he was milking, not because calves are especially fun...or clean...or nice, but because we got to sit in the barn for awhile and talk with dad.
I love...that I've been blessed with much family, that we all still love each other and support each other, and that as our family grows, it just brings in more love. And by the way, congrats Sam! We're so excited for you and Kolleen!
Other birthday loves:
I love...how the kids wiggle with excitment when presents come out, even if they are not for them.
I love...ice cream.
I love...getting breakfast in bed and lots of hugs and kisses with it.
I love...hearing the kids sing happy birthday. Seth was even (trying to anyway--I have to admit it was adorable) singing along and it made me happy.
2018 Lego Story Art
8 years ago
1 comment:
Happy (late) bday! We share a lot of "I Loves". You have great parents. Glad I get to share them too!
Post a Comment