This week my Happiness Tool is: Write a Gratitude Letter or Keep a Gratitude Journal:
Spend time writing a sincere letter of gratitude to a friend, or write in your journal about the things your are grateful for. Write at least 3 letters or 5 entries each week.
So I'm throwing an I love Monday all week long! Besides, I haven't done an I love Monday for...well, a while anyway. Today:
I love...electricity. Our power went out tonight when I was finishing our supper. Luckily, I was stirring the last ingredients into the soup so it was ready to eat. The kids were astounded for a minute and a little worried but quickly got into the game of finding flashlights and our camping lanterns. We wondered if the power would come on before bedtime, if we would have FHE in the dark, and how cold the house would get before it came back on. Luckily it came on in about half an hour. It reminded me of how grateful I am to have a home with electricity that provides a place to cook, heat, warm water, and lights to see with, especially in the middle of a winter storm! I don't think I would have made much of a pioneer.
I love...having modern medicine and good doctors, AND priesthood/prayer. This morning on FB one of my friends said that her son was undergoing surgery and asked for prayers. It was for a fairly routine thing, but it's still scary watching someone you love go into a room surrounded by doctors and nurses. When Farris had appendicitis, I had to wait in this little room that had a phone so they could call when there was any news. I was by myself with family at least 10 hours away (the kids were with friends at home--and I was actually pregnant with Joseph), I was so scared something would happen. Farris doesn't get sick often and it's strange to see him still. Everything turned out well, he was sore for a couple weeks, but the doctors were wonderful. Today, I took Seth into our doctor, he has pinkeye, ohhh yeah, very fun. He should be un-contagious by tomorrow, thanks to the local pharmacy. I can't complain though, because another friend who has three girls has seen bad to worse the last couple weeks. The girls had colds, which turned into Bronchitis, and now the middle one has been diagnosed with RSV, and maybe the baby. There will be a few extra prayers going up for my friends tonight. I'm so glad both of these friends have good husbands who honorably hold the priesthood. Me too!
It's time to begin FHE now, so that will be it for today. I'll have more things I'm grateful for tomorrow!
2018 Lego Story Art
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment