Saturday, February 12, 2011

Oops, I love Saturday

I missed yesterday. I haven't spent much time on the computer the last few days, maybe because every day seems to bring another sick child into the house. Poor Felicity had a temperature over 104 degrees on and off throughout the day and then most of last night. Then this morning her high temp went away...and she started throwing up. Pinkeye has now got into each of the kids, and a couple hours ago Caleb started complaining of an earache. Good grief. What is good in all this? (just a sec, I'm thinking...)
I love...a good thermometer that I don't have to strip the kids down to take it, or put it in their mouth for a very long minute. I love that we have a good supply of children's Tylenol and ibuprofen. I love that Farris has the priesthood, so in the middle of the night when someone hits 104 twice in only a few hours, we have something we can do to help. I'm really going to love the day when my post does not contain any illness.


Today is Saturday. And really, who doesn't love Saturday? I am lucky that Farris' job only requires him to work on Saturday about once a year, so it means one more adult around which is helpful, and it means that my best friend is here instead of somewhere else! We usually try to get things done that just don't happen during the week (we cleaned the family room and toy room--aww! It feels good to not step on anything when I go in there). Today Farris is painting the bathroom. Hurrah! For the last six months we've had two different colors painted in spots around the room so we could see which we liked. And we liked neither. Last week we finally bought some paint in a different color (it's called Chocolate Froth, what a name! It makes me want a Wendy's Frosty) which I think we'll like. I hope so, 'cause it isn't changing for a long time.

What else do I love today?

I love...teaching my Mia Maids in YW. What a fun calling! The girls are enthusiastic and happy and fun and always willing to add something to the lesson. It doesn't always have something to do with the lesson, but we can usually get it back on track. Speaking of which, I need to be preparing my lesson right now, so this is the end of I love The Whole Week. Ha! I made all five posts! Unfortunately, I have not been exercising...sick kids are a good excuse, right? Tasha and Cindi, how are you doing?

2 comments:

Tasha said...

We are doing really good. On Monday we did Zumba, so fun! Walking, and Biggest Loser have taken the rest of the week. Hope your family gets feeling better soon. ((hugs))

nicholsclan said...

hahaha um....not so good! We are finally over the sickness in our house. Tennessee's school has been passing around a five day fever and of course it hits the kids one at a time so I get sick after they are all better and what can you take when your prego....not a whole lot :oP So after a week and a half of me with a nasty cold I'm finally over it. Seems like I haven't done much of our goal so far, in fact I have to go back and read your post about what we're all supposed to be doing :) Aaah, what a life huh. Hope you guys get better soon!!!